Nursery Admissions Process
Waverley Nursery is dedicated to providing excellent care and education for children aged 3 months to 5 years in a happy, nurturing atmosphere in our beautiful lodge situated within the School grounds.
The Nursery Admissions Process
At Waverley Nursery, we understand that choosing a Nursery can be a very emotional process, especially for first time parents. We aim to ensure that our Admissions process is as smooth and informative as possible to ensure you chose the Nursery setting right for your child.
- Prospective parents for Nursery are invited to register their interest via our electronic Registration Form. There is no charge to register with our Nursery. Please contact our Admissions team on firstname.lastname@example.org to be sent this. This helps us understand your requirements for a Nursery place.
- For mothers requiring a Nursery place at the end of their maternity leave, we strongly recommend that parents register their child prior to birth or at the latest as a newborn.
- Families will then normally be invited for a personal virtual tour and/or a socially-distanced tour of our Nursery.
- To minimise visitors on site and disruption to the routine of our young children, we regret that a tour may not be offered if a suitable place is not available.
- Places are allocated by our Nursery Admissions Committee.
- To accept the offer of a Nursery place, parents are required to return our Acceptance Form along with an Acceptance Fee of £350. This includes a refundable deposit of £250 and a non-refundable administration fee of £100 is also due.
- If a place is offered, due to the high demand for places, parents are given a deadline by when the Acceptance Fee and Acceptance Form are due back. The deadline is typically between 7 and 14 days from the date of the offer.
- Once a place has been offered and accepted, children are normally invited to attend three settling-in sessions prior to starting at Nursery.
- A place is deemed to have been declined if the Acceptance Fee and Acceptance Form are not returned by the given deadline.
The Nursery Admissions Committee consists of Mr Blair Jenkins (Chair of Governors), Mr Guy Shore (Head), Ms Fiona Brown (Nursery Manager), Mrs Helen Jenkins (Head of Marketing, Admissions and Communication) and Mrs Carole Barke (Bursar).
My son runs into Nursery each day without so much as a look over his shoulder. We agonised over finding a Nursery to send him to but we were impressed with your setting and staff. We wouldn't want to send him anywhere else. (Miss W)
Settling-in Sessions (and pre-visits)
We normally offer our new families joining us three settling-in sessions. However, we hold as many settling in sessions as we feel are reasonable and appropriate to ensure that your child is happy and settled. The first visit is a chance for parents to come into the Nursery, meet the Educators and fill in all the necessary paperwork, while your child explores their new environment. This normally takes around 45 minutes.
On the second visit, we will ask parents to leave your child with us for a one hour period to see how they get on in their new environment. We then have a third visit for two and a half hours for your child to begin to form relationships with their new Educators and peers.
Settling in sessions take place in the two weeks prior to your child starting and we always ensure that your child is 100% settled before they start. We like to hold settling in sessions close to your child's starting date to ensure that it is fresh in their minds and there isn't a long gap between settling in sessions and their actual start date.
The cost of the settling sessions is included in the (non-refundable) £100 Administration Fee which is due when you accept a place.
We are not currently offering pre-visits where one of our Nursery team visits your home. This is due to Covid.
Open Days and Nursery Tours
We welcome parents for 1-2-1 tours to give them a personal introduction to our Nursery and/or Prep School. We feel 1-2-1 tours are much more informative and productive for prospective parents. We do request that children joining our Nursery 3 or Foundation classes are brought along with their parents to their 1-2-1 tour. To arrange a visit, please contact our Admissions team below.
Contact our Admissions Team
For further information about Nursery Admissions, please contact Mrs Helen Jenkins, Head of Admissions, Waverley Preparatory School and Nursery
Tel: 01189 9731 1121 or call, text or Whatsapp to 07768 708743
Open Door Policy
Our aim is to maintain a close relationship with all parents/carers of children in our Nursery and we operate an Open Door Policy which enables you to visit at any time. We like to involve parents/carers in their child's time at nursery by encouraging visits, where they can join in activities such as 'Stay and Play' and also discuss their child's progress and development. We work closely with all parents/carers to ensure your child's needs are met.
Please note the during Covid, we endeavour to minimise visits on site. Therefore, we may host meetings via zoom or telephone instead where this is deemed appropriate.
If you would like to visit, for operational, and health and safety reasons, please ensure that you give the Nursery Manager satisfactory notice.
Should parents wish to leave Waverley Nursery, two full calendar months' notice is required. This means that if parents hand in their notice in mid-September, then the two full calendar months are considered as October and November. Parents are therefore liable for fees until the end of November.
Entry to Waverley Preparatory School
Our Prep School is ranked as 'Best in Berkshire' having been in the Times Top 100 for the past 11 consecutive years. It is also currently ranked number 34 in the UK our of over 2,000 Prep and primary schools, as well as being ranked number 1 in the Reading and Wokingham area. Admission to Waverley Prep School is a separate process to that of Waverley Nursery. Therefore, a child with a place at Waverley Nursery is not automatically allocated a place in our Prep School.
Parents interested in a Waverley Prep School place for their child, are invited to register their interest via our Admissions Dept. There is no charge to register with our Prep School. Please contact email@example.com. For more information on our website about our School Admissions process, please click here.