Nursery 3: Rising 3 Yr Olds
Waverley Nursery 3 offers excellent childcare for children moving up to their 3rd year of age in a warm, welcoming and nurturing environment.
Our Nursery 3 classroom We offer highly flexible provision with a choice of drop-off and collection times. Care is available 7:30am - 6pm, 51 weeks a year or term-time only.
Waverley Nursery is an educational Nursery providing not only childcare but educating the children through their Early Year’s development. Our goal is to ensure that Waverley children get the best possible start in life and can read, write and spell basic works before they “graduate” onto “Big School” at the age of 4. In addition, our 3- and 4-year olds are very gradually introduced to key events in the main Preparatory School next door in order to prepare them for their next step in their education. Our goal is to make the transition from Nursery to Prep or primary school as seamless as possible.
In Nursery 3, there are also a range of additional activities that take place through the week including ‘Kickers’ (football and ball skills), Ballet (an additional charge applies) and Library Story Telling Sessions.
Waverley has an on-site kitchen where all food is cooked fresh each day by our own chefs, including daily freshly baked bread, home-made salads and fruit bowls, and desserts and cakes. If your child is in our care for breakfast, lunch or tea then they will be provided a meal.
We offer a number of activities: These include:
Monday - Ballet (additional charge applies)
Wednesday - Waverley Kickers
Library sessions – children bring books home weekly
Read more about these activities in our 'Activities' section on our website.
(Please note that the day of the week that extra-curricular activities take place on is subject to change depending on timetabling schedules.)
- For 15 hours funded children: choose from 07:30am, 08:00am or 08:30am.
- For 30 hours funded children: choose from 7.30am or 8.30am.
- For all children: choose from 3:30pm, 4:45pm or 6pm.
Minimum Attendance Per Week
Children are required to attend a minimum of 3 days a week 8.30am-3.30pm if these days include any mid-week days (Tuesday/Wednesday/Thursday). We allow children to attend two days a week if these are Mondays and Fridays only.
Our minimum attendance helps children settle into a Nursery routine and get to know their classmates. It also helps our Educators get to know our children so they can monitor that children are developing properly and spot early signs of illness or feeling poorly. What’s Included in Our Fees
Depending on your session time, we offer a hot freshly-prepared meal and pudding by our on-site chefs at lunchtime and tea-time, snacks and cows’ milk. Breakfast is only served to children arriving by 8.15am.
Please click here for more information about our fees and information about Government Funding.
We wouldn't want to send our son to any other Nursery! (Miss W)
Why is the Nursery 3 special for your child?
- Education of your child through their Early Years development and benefitting from the facilities of a top-ranked UK Prep School.
- Experienced and fully qualified staff work from 7.30am to 6pm providing the highest level of care and continuity throughout the day.
- Welcoming, spacious and bright rooms for your child to explore: purposely designed to create inviting and child-friendly spaces that are set up to promote all areas of learning, giving children easy access to resources at their own level.
- Regular, varied weekly Woodland Walk Experiences with programmes developed by our Forest School Leader.
- Independent access to our fantastic natural outdoor space: a unique environment in which to explore and grow.
- Toys and equipment at child’s level: allowing children to make independent choices.
- Many children in our Nursery 3 are toilet trained and this is supported by our Educators.